So there’s these little things bloggers do to pump each other up like giving each other awards. As I’m sitting over here in self-hosted hell with no automatic interaction from places like blogspot or wordpress.com, I almost never get these things assigned to me so when I saw that Jamie got one, I commented on her blog post that I was disappointed she didn’t tag me. Well, she fixed that rather quickly, and basically told twitter I was a whiny bitch. (Thanks Jamie!) That meant that I basically complained until someone gave me the Liebster Award, which, I am actually okay with.
So what is the Liebster Award? Where did it come from? Why do you circulate it around? I’m actually too lazy to explain that for you, but CrakGenius does a pretty good job of explaining it here so you can check that out if you’re actually interested. All you need to know is the following rules:
The rules for The Liebster Award are as follows:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions the person giving the award has sent you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
- Choose 11 people to award and send them the link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
Well, Jamie fails and only gave me 8 questions to answer, so here they are:
1. If you had the choice to know when you were going to die or not to know, what would you choose?
I think I would rather not know. Part of the excitement of life is not knowing – tomorrow could be my final day on this planet, and that motivates me to actually get things done. If I knew I had 80 years I’d be such a lazy bum. Life would basically turn into the term paper from hell. ”Oh, I don’t need to do that… I have 80 years to do it…”
2. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
I have to go with anything cookie dough. When I was a kid my parents never let me eat raw cookie dough so it was too taboo. I remember once I was making what seemed like a million chocolate chip cookies for my dad one day and my mom was hollering at for eating the raw cookie dough… and I think was 14 or 15 at this point in time. Can’t a girl get some cookie dough? Damn!
3. Panda or Rhino?
Panda is the clear winner here. The rhino is ugly and looks like it’s going to kill you. The panda is cute, until it rips your face off. Although, I do think rhino’s get more sex than panda’s do – so if you’re asking which I would rather be, probably a rhino.
4. How many times a day do you swear? ..and if you don’t swear… then wtf is wrong with you?
Ahhhh, I have a mouth like a sailor. Really. I should probably try to curb that…
5. If you could change one thing about yourself.. be it something about your personality or a part of your body… what would it be?
Probably the one thing I would change about myself that I can’t actually do is how large my frame is. My bone structure alone makes me bigger than most girls out there. I don’t think I’m super huge by any means, but even when I was only about 150lbs my shoulder span was the same as it is now. I will never be one of those super skinny girls that fits in those tiny tops. You know, slender. Sometimes I wish I could. Of course, I also wish that I was as skinny as I was when I thought I was fat – if that makes sense.
6. Favorite movie?
Princess Bride, or Ghostbusters. It depends on the day. I can quote each of them from beginning to end though. It’s scary.
7. Most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you.. or most embarrassing thing you’ve ever witnessed (if you’re too chickenshit to share about yourself)
I don’t think there’s anything that is truly, truly embarrassing. If I had to pick one moment though, it was probably when I was 15. I had gotten surgery for something or another, I think teeth removed, and I ended up running up and down the stairs after anesthesia My boyfriend at the time was at the house and I passed out. Let me tell you something about passing out when you have to pee… you just pee all over yourself. When I finally came to I realized what happened and had to run upstairs to change but I was so woozy. My mom probably remembers this incident better than I do. (Also, fun fact, it happened TWICE in my life. Apparently I don’t learn.)
8. If you could be any kind of animal, mineral or vegetable on the planet (or any other planet).. what would you be?
I think being a human is pretty much the coolest thing there is on this planet – but if I had to pick another, probably a dolphin. They are one of the only other species that have sex for fun in their youth, and they get to swim all day. Plus, they are always so damn happy!
So there you go. My 8 answers. Now I’m supposed to come up with 11 questions for everyone else to answer, but just like Jamie, I am a total rebel (or failure) and I’m going to do 4. But here’s the deal with the people I tag – I want SERIOUS answers out of you. It’s like a blog prompt instead of a question. Ready?
1. What is your favorite song? And what memory do you think about every time you hear it?
2. Tell me the story of your first love, and how it ended.
3. Everyone has lost a friend in their life, which friend have you lost that you most regret? How did you lose them? Why do you regret it?
4. If you could go back in time and change one moment in your life in the last six months – what would it be and why? What do you want the outcome to be?
And I’m tagging: Eurymakos, Ken, LA, Jenna, MaryBeth, Brandon, Ken and Ariel
Oh, and anyone else who wants to answer them in the comments, go ahead.