Freecycle has totally let me down. You see, because of depo, I have gained a significant chunk of weight in the past two months. (Somewhere around 25lbs.) This means I have gone from a 10/12 to a 14/16 in my jean size. In addition, I think that my 10/12′s have shrunk a little because they are so old.
You see, when I first put them on, out of the dryer, they are so tight I am jumping around trying to get them zipped up and buttoned. By the end of the day they have stretched to the point where they are falling off my ass and everyone gets to see my asscrack. Really, it’s an unfortunate situation.
The real kicker is – I really don’t feel like spending money on jeans right now. Well really, I don’t have the money to spend on jeans because I am mis-shapen. It’s true! No jeans really fit me the way they are supposed to.
Here’s my problem with jeans:
- I have a gut that never goes away no matter how much I work out or lose weight.
- I have absolutely no ass. (Zack calls it my baby squirrel booty.)
- I have chicken legs. (Chloe thinks that if she had my legs she’d wear skirts all day, but I think they are skinny compared to the rest of my body.)
- I am tall, and mostly legs. (I am 5’8 and my legs are 3.8 of that.)
This leaves me in a weird zone where to get jeans that fit I have to do one of the following things:
- Buy designer jeans that I have to sign over my first born for.
- Buy elastic waisted jeans which I refuse because I’m not a mom yet.
- Buy jeans that don’t fit and look funny.
Since I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for jeans, and I refuse to wear elastic – I decided to look on freecycle to see if anyone was giving away jeans that might fit me. Well, unfortunately, freecycle let me down. There was no one giving away jeans which might fit my weird body type.
So I guess I’ll have to go buy jeans. The only problem is, I don’t know where to get jeans that fit me and look good.
Maybe I’ll end up getting a pair of pajama jeans.
What brand is your favorite pair of jeans, and why?